Skip to content

COP28: Sally Capp

"We recognize that cities actually around the world are the ones responsible for the largest emissions, and so it's important that we look to cities for leadership on solutions."

Climate change has led to a rise in extreme heat waves and storms across Melbourne, where they've reduced emissions by 76% and are now focused on eliminating the remaining 24%. As Lord Mayor of Melbourne, Sally Capp recognises the importance of bringing the city together so everyone is working towards the same goal. She identifies some of the key projects that are helping to reduce temperatures in the city, including the Urban Forest Strategy, where the private sector and community organisations have come together to build plant-based shelters, vertical gardens and a sky farm. Like many others at COP28, she was encouraged by the spirit of collaboration and the opportunity to learn from others' experiences.

We use cookies to give you the best experience of using this website. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies. Please read our Cookie Policy for more information.